Implementation of Years 7–10 courses based on Life Skills outcomes and content
Last Updated: 5 October 2016
Schools may develop integrated programs that address specific Life Skills outcomes from selected Years 7–10 syllabuses in order to meet the needs of individual students. Schools will assess the student's achievement of the selected Life Skills outcomes for recording on the Profile of Student Achievement.
When it has been decided that a student should undertake a course based on Years 7–10 Life Skills outcomes and content, school planning to support the student in the learning process should:
- select specific Life Skills outcomes for each course that will address the individual needs, strengths, goals and interests of the student
- identify the most appropriate settings (eg school, community or workplace) for the student to demonstrate achievement of outcomes
- estimate the time needed to address the selected outcomes and content in each course
- identify adjustments that may be required to enable the student to access the selected Life Skills outcomes and content and demonstrate achievement of outcomes
- identify strategies for monitoring the student's progress
- include ongoing collaborative planning to assist the student's successful transition from school to adult life.